Turn on/off Gmail's Notifications
If you've logged in to Gmail on your web browser, you can turn on Gmail's Desktop notifications to get alert whenever you receive an email, even if you are not looking at Gmail. For mobile users, the notification is integrated in their mail app. This article will help you turn on or off Gmail's notification.
Turn notifications on or off on web browser
- Open Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the top right. Then choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Desktop notifications section.
- You have 3 options:
- - You will be notified when any new message arrives in your inbox or primary tab
- - You will be notified only when an important message arrives in your inbox
- Mail notifications off - You will not be notified when receiving any emails
- Choose an option and click Save Changes at the bottom.
Turn notifications on or off on mobile device
- Open Gmail App.
- Tap Menu "" in the top left.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- If you have multiple accounts, choose the one you want to enable/disable notifications.
- Tick/Untick Notifications to turn on/off Gmail's notifications.
Note: Make sure your Gmail inbox is synced with the app. And your device may have separate notifications settings.